Holiday season tips to protect your smile!
The holiday season is fast approaching. Are you prepared to protect your smile from the sugar-laden sweets that lay ahead? You can enjoy the season without sabotaging your oral health.
Daily Tips to Keep Cavities Away
To keep cavities at bay from Halloween to New Year’s Day and beyond, try to do these things daily:
- Sip beverages through a straw to help minimize acid contact with your teeth
- Brush and floss after every meal, especially after enjoying rich desserts
- Bump up your water intake to help rebalance your mouth’s PH and minimize oral bacteria growth
- Limit snacking to allow your saliva to neutralize acid and work on restoring enamel
- Chew sugar-free gum to satisfy your sweet tooth and increase saliva production
Should a cavity emerge despite your best efforts to prevent it, be sure to get it filled before it gets worse. Dental care is just a call away at 630-907-0330. You can also visit our services page for information on all the dental services we provide.